Yoga Teacher Training
February 2018 - July 2019 (YTA full member - Level 1)
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Yoga Physiology
- Philosophy, Ethics and Lifestyle
- Teaching Methodology
|Anatomy and Physiology||40|
|Yoga Philosophy||24||Theories of chakras, koshas, prana and related subtle body concepts|
|50||Primarily study of Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad, Gita and HYP – with space given for individually relevant texts.|
|Techniques||150||Yoga asana, pranayama, yoga nidra, meditation techniques, bandha, and mudra, Vedic chant, music and art as inspiration.
Special topics – yoga for children, the aged, creativity and yoga.
|50||Class presentation and design and course planning. Age and health related adaption of techniques.|
|Practicum||50||Incorporating class observation and established personal practice|
- Small classes allow individual instruction and supervision
- Experienced teachers in yoga with children / yoga for the elderly
- Community based yoga
- Lecturer in yoga texts with many years experience
- Integrated approach – linking asana, pranayama, philosophy in one conscious yoga experience
- Individual spiritual directions acknowledged and encouraged
Pre-requisites: It is strongly recommended that prospective students have at least two years regular and extensive yoga experience in order that the course can build upon pre-existing knowledge. VCE level is a recommended academic level, but some measure of tertiary education will be an advantage. However each applicant will be accepted on an individual basis after consultation with the teaching staff.
Total hours of course: 350
Semester 1: Feb - June 2018
Semester 2: July - Dec 2018
Semester 3: Feb - June 2019
Course cost: TBC
Semester payment due at the beginning of each semester.
For further information, phone 9663 5603 or download an application form.