The Joy of Dance
The aim of Creative Dance is to lead each dancer into the rich and varied artistic, emotional, physical and spiritual levels of human experience - music from all ages and cultures is used. Dynamics, spatial awareness, and sensitivity to others through ensemble work are promoted through the design of the dance space, props and simple but effective directions from the teacher. Dancers are led towards a level of creative participation which allows them to extend and surpass their previous levels of involvement in the dance experience. The realisation of this potential to create as a joyful and uplifting moment.
- Our adult dance classes are designed to inspire, challenge and extend.
- They present a unique amalgam of dance, art, music and designs for dancers of all levels of experience.
- Partake in a unique, transformational dance experience!
Features of Mangala studios Creative Dance:
- All teachers are trained at the studio.
- Each class is presented as one complete artistic whole.
- Emphasis is given to individual dance experience while introducing dancers to ensemble work with smaller and larger groups.
- Dynamics, spatial and body awareness, and improvisational sensibility are stimulated by:
- Solo and ensemble experiences
- Simple, effective instructions from experienced teachers
- Design of the dance space
- Use of physical props
|Beginners to Intermediate||Tuesdays 8.00pm to 9.00pm|
|Intermediate (Some experience preferred)||Thursdays 1.45pm to 2.45pm|
|Advanced (Previous experience necessary)||Tuesdays 12pm to 1pm|
|Movement (Mature age)||Wednesdays 10am to 11am|
Classes don't run during school holidays.